Saturday 1 January 2011

What can you do when saying sorry is not enough?





I am full of emotions as I write this post,

My eyes are welled up with tears,

I know what has initiated these feelings 

And it comes from a place deep with fears.


There is no one I can hold responsible

For making me feel this way

So I am blaming the word ‘sorry’

But what else can you say?



I am not a poet, but as my hands hovered over the lappy keyboard, those words just flowed, and it’s exactly how I feel.

This year I have heard sorry and I have said sorry, when sorry was not enough, when you really are sorry the most, it matters the least, why is that ?

‘I am sorry I lost your keys/I am sorry I was late’

These are cases when the word sorry is acceptable, and it does just what it is suppose to. 



I am sorry for your loss 

I am sorry I had sex with your boyfriend


This is when these apologise should count, but yet that word means very little in these circumstance.


I started this post frustrated at the word sorry, because it is no comfort, at desperate times, not even from the most sincere heart, but once I have calmed down, and saw sense and was not ruled by my emotions but my brain I remembered. 


Actions speak louder than words.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment